When it comes to online gambling, ease of transaction is of the utmost importance. This is why the best Paypal casinos in Canada have become so popular.
Whether it’s deposits or withdrawals Paypal offers a method that is quick, reliable, and secure.
Having transactions protected by a service such as Paypal offers a peace of mind that may be otherwise hard to come by.
Not only is it secure but it is nearly instantaneous. As if that wasn’t enough incentive to use it, many of the best Canadian online casinos that accept Paypal offer bonuses in the form of real, playable casino money.
But how do you find a Paypal casino that is right for you?
The fact that Paypal only partners with the best and most reliable online gambling sites helps, but it can still be a daunting task given the number of online casinos available now.
In this article, we aim to help our readers understand the benefits of using Paypal casinos, how to use them, and what to look for when choosing which online casino is best for you.
We have even compiled a list of the best Canadian online Paypal casinos to make the process of choosing as simple as possible.
Best Canadian Online Casinos that Accept Paypal
Here at Bonusninja we have reviewed and tested some of the top Paypal gambling sites to provide our readers with some of the best options around. Here are some of the sites that offer Paypal as a viable transaction method and provide the best security, bonuses, and games available.
Paypal and Online Casinos
When Paypal services became available in 1999 the appeal was immediate to online gambling sites. Many casinos rushed at the opportunity to utilize their services to improve the user experience on their platforms.
Casino Paypal in Canada have continued to grow in numbers over the following years until it all came to an abrupt end in 2003. When eBay acquired the company they decided to withdraw the availability of Paypal's services from gambling sites and gambling-related activities.
This was likely due to the many questions of legal jurisdiction and regulations regarding online gambling at the time.
However in 2010, as the legality and gray areas within online casinos became more clear, Paypal announced that they would begin accepting transactions related to gambling yet again. The service was limited to customers in areas where online gambling was legal.
Once again the online gaming community jumped at the opportunity to utilize Paypal’s services. Paypal has since continued to offer users a quick and reliable form of transactions on their favorite gambling sites.
Since the announcement in 2010 from Paypal online casinos in Canada have only continued to grow in popularity. They do not appear to be going anywhere anytime soon due to the list of benefits and Paypal casinos’ easy method of deposits and withdrawals.
Are Paypal Casinos Legal in Canada
Due to gambling laws, online casinos cannot register within Canada. But do not worry, the laws within Canada about gambling overseas are not as restrictive. This makes it perfectly legal for those located within Canada to gamble online.
Many casinos will register in countries abroad and obtain licenses that make them available to residents of Canada and other countries that do not issue licenses to online casinos themselves.
While the laws and regulations within Canada may seem quite confusing, rest assured players are perfectly safe and operating within the law.
Malta, UK, and Curacao are amongst some of the most popular countries for registration as they are known to issue legitimate licenses and be fair regulators when it comes to holding their licensed casinos to a certain standard.
Players may want to avoid casinos that are registered in countries such as Panama, Costa Rica, and Anjouan as they have been known to sometimes be an untrustworthy regulator.
How to Use Paypal Casinos Online
What is Paypal
Paypal is an online service provider that specializes in money transfers and transactions. It can be used to quickly and easily transfer funds between parties, make deposits, withdrawals, payments, and purchases.
While the service has a never-ending list of applications it greatly appeals to online gambling platforms and users. Having the added protection of a third party for the transfer of funds protects both the casino and the player.
It’s highly secure as you are using your Paypal account for deposits and withdrawals and you don’t ever provide your card or bank details directly to the online casino.
All users need to do is start an account, complete a verification process, and then follow the directions provided by the chosen Paypal Casino.
How to Use Paypal
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Paypal, or do not already have an account, the process is extremely simple and straightforward.
All you have to do is create an account online, which is free of charge and can be done on the Paypal website.
Simply provide an email address, create a password, and input your card details to be linked with your account.
You can then either deposit money into your Paypal account or Paypal will use your chosen card on file to perform any transactions or transfers.
Paypal also offers the option to put a cap on transfers and spending which allows you to limit the funds available during a short period of time. This can be crucial in preventing addiction or avoiding spiraling on bad days.
How to make deposits with Paypal
Once you’ve chosen which Paypal Casino suits you best you can then use your PayPal account to add money and start playing.
One great thing about using Paypal for your deposits is that it happens almost immediately. You don’t need to worry about delays and you can enjoy your favorite game within minutes.
The process may vary slightly between Online Casinos but it should resemble something similar to the following-
- Go to the Paypal casino site and choose the option to make a deposit
- Select Paypal as the preferred banking method
- Enter the amount you want to transfer
- Select the option to continue
- You may be prompted to confirm the amount
- The gambling site will then submit a request for funds to your Paypal account
- Login to your Paypal account
- You will be prompted to review the transaction
- Approve the transaction by clicking ‘pay’
- The funds should be available shortly and you can start playing
How to make a withdrawal with Paypal
One of the best parts about playing at real money casinos is that there will be a time to withdraw your winnings.
When you are ready to make a withdrawal from your online casino you want the process to be quick and easy. Luckily Paypal casinos provide just that, a seamless transfer in a surprisingly quick fashion.
The time it takes to receive your withdrawal is usually dictated by how quickly the casino will process the request. We have also compiled a list of the fastest paying online casinos
The process is quite similar to that of making a deposit and should not be overly complicated-
- Select the option to withdraw from the gambling site
- Input the amount that you would like to withdraw
- Select Paypal as the preferred banking method
- Enter your Paypal account details
- Select the option to continue
- You may be prompted to confirm the amount
- The gambling site will then submit the transfer to your Paypal account
- You may need to log into your Paypal account and accept the transfer
Once the funds arrive you can either keep them in your Paypal account to use for other transactions or you have the option to transfer them directly to your bank account.
The Benefits of Using a Paypal Casino
While we have briefly discussed some of the advantages of using Paypal Casinos we want to give our readers a closer look in case they are still undecided.
- Creating a Paypal account is free of charge
- While some transfers may include fees Paypal can help to reduce or avoid unnecessary banking fees
- There shouldn’t be any fees involved when transferring funds between your casino of choice and your Paypal account.
- If you use your credit card or debit card to add money to your Paypal balance there will likely be a minimal fee
- Easy to use-
- Once you’ve created an account the transfer process is very streamlined and effective
- There is no longer a need to search for your card and enter seemingly endless amounts of numbers
- Simply select Paypal as the banking method and allow the service providers to do the rest
- Safe and Secure-
- Paypal is one of the safest methods available for online transactions
- Enjoy the security of using a third-party service for deposits and withdrawals
- Gambling sites don’t have access to any of your banking details
- Paypal fully encrypts your personal data
- Paypal only offers its services to reputable online casinos
- Deposits occur nearly immediately usually taking a maximum of up to 3 minutes
- Withdrawals may take longer due to the time it takes for the casino to process your transaction
- This process can take any between a few hours up to a few days
- Mobile supported-
- Paypal offers a free app so you can manage your transfers on the go
- Excellent customer service-
- Paypal is renowned for providing an exceptionally high level of customer support
- While mishaps when using Paypal are extremely rare if anything does occur Paypal customer service will help to quickly resolve the issue
- Convert Currency automatically-
- Excellent feature for those that play on foreign sites
- Paypal will automatically convert to the necessary currency at the current exchange rate
- Paypal Bonuses-
- Many Paypal casinos in Canada off various rewards and bonuses for using Paypal as a banking method
- Bonuses Usually range from 5%-20% of any deposits made using Paypal
- Some sites may even match 100% of your deposit during certain promotions
- Fund Limits-
- Paypal allows you to put a cap on deposits during a certain time period
- This allows players to track and limit the amount of money they can deposit into their gambling accounts
The Downside of Using a Paypal Casino
While the benefits far outweigh any disadvantages that Paypal online casinos in Canada may have, nothing is perfect.
Here are a few of the limitations that using a Paypal casino may hold-
- Geographical limitations-
- Some countries have restrictions about using Paypal for gambling-related activities
- Online Casinos fall into a bit of an undefined area within Canadian Law
- Luckily many of the best online casinos in Canada are still able to offer Paypal as a viable payment method
- While any fees are likely negligible they may be present depending on the type of transfer
- The amount of the fee can vary between different online casinos
- Limits of choice-
- Since Paypal does not offer its services to just any gambling site this may limit which casinos you can play at
- This can be considered a bit of a benefit as Paypal only partners with the most reputable online casinos and therefore completes a vetting process for users
Paypal mobile casinos
With an ever-growing number of people using smartphones, tablets, and mobile devices Paypal online casinos have risen to the occasion and made the shift to support playing on these devices.
Whether players access the site via their device’s browser or opt for a Paypal casino that has a dedicated application the user experience has become very seamless.
Nearly any well-known or reputable online casino will support mobile devices with one or both of the above-mentioned access options. This is great news for those who prefer to play on their smartphone or tablet.
Users will likely find that mobile sites accessed through their device’s browser will only vary slightly from the full site. While it will be optimized for view on a mobile device the functionality and use should be familiar.
It’s worth mentioning that dedicated applications can include more in-depth features and a more comprehensive gaming platform that some people may prefer. As long as you don’t mind sacrificing a bit of download space this is an excellent option for those using Paypal casinos in Canada.
Safety and security
As mentioned it’s hard to beat the security offered by using Paypal as a banking method for deposits and withdrawals on gambling sites. While hiding your banking details from the online casino is a huge benefit, it is only the first line of defense that Paypal provides.
Paypal offers various additional security measures to ensure the safety of your funds. This includes buyers protection, fraud protection, and advanced encryption technology.
All of these features combined help to protect you from things such as fraud, identity theft, unauthorized purchases, and more. Paypal strongly stands by their security measures and are quick to reimburse you should anything happen.
Best Paypal Bonuses
One of the best parts about Paypal Casinos is the various bonuses they offer at different times. There are many different types of bonuses that come in any form from free plays, free spins, real money, and more.
Just have a look and see which bonuses appeal to you the most and compare it with our list of the best Paypal casinos in Canada to see which one is best for you.
Paypal Bonus types-
- No Deposit Bonus-
- This tends to be a kind of signing bonus when you register with a new Paypal casino
- You can expect a small cash bonus provided after signing up. This should be real playable money and any winnings can be withdrawn if won using the bonus
- Match Deposit Bonus-
- Paypal Casinos will offer different matching schemes based on the amount of your deposit up to a certain amount
- This can vary from matching 10%- 20% of your deposit or possibly matching the entire thing effectively doubling your playable funds
- Free Spins-
- Canadian Paypal Casinos frequently offer free spins to both new and loyal players alike
- The best promotions will include free spins on certain slot machines or games that have the potential for a substantial payout
- Reload Bonus-
- Reload bonuses are available from Paypal casinos and are offered for additional deposits the player makes
- These bonuses can come in free spins, real money, or more
- Loyalty programs-
- Some Paypal casinos offer a type of loyalty bonus for long term players
- This may be a one time bonus or can come in the form of acquiring points as you play that can then be used to unlock various rewards
How to choose the best Paypal Casino
- A lot of countries may ban some or all online casinos from operating within their territory
- Some Casinos may register in other countries which makes them accessible to Canadian residents
- Be sure that the Paypal casino accepts players from Canada
- Be cautious as it may be easy to register and make a deposit on some sites but issues can arise when it's time to make a withdrawal if your residency falls under certain restrictions
- Before committing to an online Casino you should research how reputable the site is
- The best online gambling sites will honor big winnings, payouts, and bonuses without question
- Less reputable sites have been known to scam players in various ways including rigging games, refusing big payouts, not honoring bonuses, including overly restrictive limitations in their terms and conditions
- See our list of the best Paypal Casinos in Canada for some well known and highly reputable options
- All online casinos must be registered in and licensed by a specific country or jurisdiction
- It is recommended to choose a casino that has been licensed by a reputable regulator as some hold their casinos to a higher standard than others
- If you run into any issues with the casino you will need to contact the regulator that issued the license
- Having a more respectable regulator improves your chances of the issue being resolved
- Make sure the gaming platform includes all of your favorite games
- Look for a casino that offers a good variety, you may discover a newfound favorite if you give it a chance
- Customer support-
- Choosing a Paypal casino that offers excellent customer service can be priceless at times
- Having a 24/7 support line, live chat option, and quick response time can make a world of difference when trying to answer any question you may have or resolve issues
- Terms and conditions-
- Players should thoroughly read the terms and conditions before registering for a specific online casino
- These terms can dictate the ease of which you can make withdrawals
- If you win big and want to make a withdrawal the last thing you want is to be taken by surprise by an agreement that you made unknowingly
- When you begin to research safe Paypal Casinos you’ll realize that nearly all of them will offer a certain bonus along with your deposit
- It's a matter of finding the best bonuses that are suited to you
- Casinos are constantly changing their bonus schemes to attract new players so be on the lookout for new casinos and bonus schemes
- Some online gambling sites will offer loyalty bonuses for recurrent deposits to be sure they retain current players
- It’s well worth reviewing the terms of any bonuses as its common for casinos to add conditions that come along with the bonus and you don’t want to violate these as they may be able to seize your winnings
- When you opt to use Paypal for deposits and withdrawals it is one of the safest and most secure options
- You may want to check if the online casino itself also includes any encryption features, and how they protect user data
While Paypal is an excellent choice for the online transfer of funds it may not be the best choice for some people. Whether it’s due to the availability on specific gambling sites, geo-restrictions, or any number of reasons, some people may be searching for alternative payment methods.
Luckily there are quite a few to choose from that still offer a high level of security and minimize wait times.
Be aware that each casino can vary based on its procedures and regulations. Be sure to check the details before committing to a specific gambling site.
As many of you will already know, cryptocurrency has been on the rise for many years now. Lacking a single governing agency and having the ability to move funds quickly and with negligible fees makes it an ideal candidate for transactions with online casinos.
By design, cryptocurrency offers a secure method of transferring funds and it is also one of the fastest methods for deposits and withdrawals. Many of the best online casinos in Canada have the ability to payout in the form of larger, more popular coins.
The downside to utilizing cryptocurrency is the well-known volatility. If funds are left in the form of cryptocurrency for a prolonged period of time it is hard to tell whether the worth of the coin will rise or fall.
While Paypal would qualify as one of the most popular e-wallet services in the world there are also a few well-known alternatives in the same category.
Along with Paypal, you can look for popular names such as Skrill, Neteller, and iDebit. Be sure to check the compatibility of your chosen E-wallet service with Canadian online casinos as each may have different limitations.
Regardless, many of these services offer features very similar to that of Paypal and you can reap many of the same benefits by using them. They just may not hold the same reputation and longevity that Paypal does.
Debit and Credit Cards
With all this talk of cryptocurrencies and E-wallets, it’s easy to forget that our bank cards have not yet become useless. Although this may not be the case in the future.
Many Online gambling sites will still accept debit and credit cards and a viable form of payment for deposits and are also able to return funds in the same fashion if you make a withdrawal.
Many players avoid this method as they have to provide their card details directly to the site operator but this should not be an issue if you are only using the most reputable online sites. We would recommend avoiding new or lesser-known sites initially if this is your chosen form of payment, just to be safe.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use Paypal for an online casino?
Not all online casinos offer Paypal as a banking method but there are a lot of excellent choices that do offer Paypal services.
Any restrictions are a result of the Casino itself as Paypal no longer has any restrictions regarding gambling-related activities.
Some casinos may accept Paypal as a deposit method but not as a viable method of withdrawal so it’s important to clarify details before you register.
How long do PayPal deposits and withdrawals take?
Paypal deposits for online casinos usually occur almost instantaneously. As long as there are no verification issues, and you approve the transfer via your Paypal account, the funds should be deposited within a few minutes maximum.
As for withdrawals, the amount of time to receive the fund in your Paypal account can vary quite a lot between casinos. It depends on how quickly the online casino processes your withdrawal request. Some gambling sites process the transaction in a matter of hours whereas others may take several days.
You should be able to find details regarding withdrawals in the terms and conditions of the online casino. It’s a good idea to review the information before making your initial deposit to ensure you are happy with the terms.
Is Paypal a safe payment option?
Absolutely. As with many e-wallets, Paypal offers one of the most secure forms of online transactions.
Paypal protects your data so the gaming site does not have access to any of your card or banking details.
Additionally, Paypal includes various security features to further improve the safety of their services. This includes buyers protection, fraud monitoring, and advanced encryption along with outstanding 24/7 customer support.
Do Paypal casinos have fees?
It is free to start a Paypal account.
Some fees may be incurred within certain transfers although for deposits and withdrawals within online gambling they should be quite minimal.
The fees can vary between different casinos although most will be so negligible they will be hard to notice.
Why use a Paypal casino?
Paypal casinos offer players prompt and secure transactions that are exceedingly easy given the level of security they offer.
Additionally, various bonuses and rewards are offered for using Paypal as a banking method at many online gambling sites.
Which countries prohibit Paypal casinos?
India, Egypt, United States, and Turkey are amongst the listed countries that have banned Paypal casinos due to their regulations on gambling.
Luckily for Canadian citizens, overseas gambling falls into a bit of a grey area within regulations and is not strictly illegal. This allows Canadians to play at certain gambling sites that are registered in another country and hold the appropriate license.
Are Paypal casinos legal in Canada?
The short answer is yes.
While online gambling is a bit of an ambiguous topic when it comes to Canadian law the legality more falls to the operator and their licensing.
It is perfectly legal for residents of Canada to gamble online with Paypal casinos. Just be sure to choose safe Paypal Casinos to avoid any issues.
It is easy to see why Paypal casinos in Canada have become exceedingly popular over the years. While the legislation and regulation still fall into an undefined area Canadian residents can still reap the benefits that Paypal casinos have to offer.
If you’re looking for a safe, quick, and reliable payment method for gambling sites then Paypal casinos are worth a look.
However, not all casinos offer Paypal as a banking method so be sure to check the availability first. Or just have a look at the above list for the best Paypal casinos in Canada.